London Zoo is one of the oldest and most famous zoos globally, attracting millions of visitors every year. With over 20,000 animals from more than 700 species, it is a must-visit destination for animal lovers of all ages. Here’s a closer look at what you can expect from a visit this Zoo.
The Zoo was founded in 1828 and is located in Regent’s Park, in the heart of London. It was initially established as a scientific zoo to support research into animals and their habitats. Over the years, the zoo has played an important role in conservation efforts, breeding programs, and scientific research.
London Zoo is home to a vast array of animals, from the smallest insects to the largest mammals. Some of the most popular exhibits include:
• Penguin Beach: Home to a colony of more than 80 penguins, this exhibit features a beach, pool, and underwater viewing area.
• Tiger Territory: This immersive exhibit allows visitors to get up close to Sumatran tigers and learn about conservation efforts to save this endangered species.
• Gorilla Kingdom: This exhibit features a group of western lowland gorillas, and provides a glimpse into their natural habitat and social behaviors.
• Reptile House: Made famous by Harry Potter, this exhibit is home to a wide range of snakes, lizards, turtles, and crocodiles.
• Rainforest Life: This exhibit recreates the sights, sounds, and smells of a tropical rainforest, and is home to a variety of species including monkeys, sloths, and birds.
In conclusion, London Zoo is a must-visit destination for animal lovers of all ages. With a wide range of exhibits, activities, and conservation efforts, it offers a fun and educational day out for the whole family. So why not plan a visit to this Zoo on your next trip to the city?